This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
It is easy to go through every thing that needs to get done in a day and putting the things aside that are not screaming in your face to be done. I get it. And above all, this can put a strain on your marriage. This is a big reason why it is important to find ways to reconnect with your spouse.
First of all, reconnecting with your spouse does not need to be huge, time consuming tasks. You don’t need to plan out elaborate weekend getaways (but those are nice, too!). It is the simple things that can have a big impact and bring you closer together.
Even more important is that most of these ideas can be done in only 5-10 minutes and cost very little, if anything at all.
How to reconnect with your spouse:
- Do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.
- Buy your spouse a small gift to show you were thinking of him or her.
- Text your spouse to say “I love you” when he or she would not be expecting it.
- Make a list of things you love about your spouse and give it to him or her.
- Acknowledge a success he or she recently had.
- Do something out of the ordinary for him or her.
- Put aside an activity you would normally do to spend quality time together.
- Prepare a special dinner.
- Give him or her a massage.
- Go to bed at the same time and cuddle with each other.
Easy, right? When you are caught up in the busyness of life it is essential to find ways to reconnect with your spouse.
Finally, I challenge you to do at least one item from the list a day and leave a comment on how it worked for you!
Looking for more ways to reconnect? Check out 40 Free Ideas to Do with Your Kids without Electronics for other great ideas to get the family connected and spending quality time together!
What are some ways that you reconnect with your spouse?